Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roasted pumpkin seeds...


 Its already October and I couldn't be happier. It's fall and whats not to love about fall? The grass is green, there's a slight chill in the air and all I want to do is cook cozy fall meals and walk around our small acreage bundled up in a sweater with my hot cup of fresh cider... Today my husband and I decided that we we needed to do just that.

Up at our family's and soon to be neighbors pond:)

Sirly and one of my gals..

After our walk we decided that it was time to carve our pumpkin. We were planning a trip today to the pumpkin patch but the weather wasn't as good as we had hoped. So for now anyway our store bought one will have to do. I had a craving for roasted butter pumpkin seeds...


 

I haven't carved a pumpkin in years and this was Parker's first so it was pretty exciting! Jason of course took over once I got the pumpkin seeds out since my mission turned from pumpkin to seed rather quickly... all I could think about was getting those seeds on my pan and sprinkling them with kosher salt and butter! That's exactly what  I did. 350 for about 20 Min's and done. There crunchy and salty and delicious. I love  them as a snack and of course on salad. I am also going to do an olive oil and thyme roasted pumpkin seed and then I thought I just had to make a curry seed but I'll be toasting those stove top style.


Rinse and dry
 
Parker thought the pumpkin tasted good just the way it was.


Again Parker with his mature pallet:) taste testing.


Roasted butter and salted pumpkin seeds.

All in all it was a pretty great day. What could be better then being at home with your family enjoying all of the beautiful gifts we been given and making sweet and savory memories...


No comments:

Post a Comment