Saturday, October 16, 2010

Roasted pears filled with fig jam and wrapped with bacon

Okay, so this was a spur of the moment recipe I came up with about 2 hrs before I had to be at my parents house for dinner and I was in charge of bringing something wonderful. Now mind you I have a toddler, and a lot to do during the day, and sometimes a quick run to the store for some fancy recipe in a book just isn't that simple. What could I make??
You might think that since it's just a dinner at my family's house that a bag of chips and salsa would do but then again you haven't met my parents! Of course they would be  happy as can be to just have us there, but, at my folks house when your invited for dinner you sort of expect a feast.. a celebration of food, wine, and fellowship. Chips and salsa just wouldn't do.
That's when  I decided to pretend I was on that show Chopped :) Seriously I did, and I could only use 4 ingredients.
That's when I came up with this tasty EASY recipe :)
Roasted pears filled with fig jam and wrapped with bacon. Here's what I did:


Peel, core and slice

Pre-heat oven to 375

Place a tablespoon of fig jam in the center of pear and wrap pear with bacon.

Let roast for about35-40 minutes until bacon is done.

Place in serving dish and top with mascarpone cheese.

ENJOY! These were delish and gone in about 5 minutes.  You could also use pancetta instead of bacon and next time I will slice the pears one more time so the bacon will wrap easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment