Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blessing's come in all shapes and sizes

Today was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the air was crisp, just how it should be in the fall.
I absolutely love days like today. I had no real agenda except for the usual keeping the house, running errands and most importantly taking care of my amazing sweet little boy Parker. My biggest blessing. We started off the morning right...feeding the sheep apples and playing with the chickens. Today my blessings were simple ones. They were moments that you just want to savor. His smiles and giggles, his falls and his cries. .moments of life like these are blessing's in all shapes and sizes, and I am so thankful for each and everyone I get. After our usual morning out on our "farm" we took off our muddy boots and got warmed up with some lunch, then its off to dreaming of trucks and trackers for my love. And for me...well that's when I knew I just needed some quite time working in my kitchen. I couldn't think of a better time to get to peeling those big beautiful  red blessings. My crate of tomato's I bought at the farmers market. I knew I either wanted to  do stewed little baby's or make homemade tomato sauce. I decided to go for the stewed tomato's only because I knew that sometime this winter I would go to reach for a can in my pantry and there would be none. I hate when that happens! and it usually does so yes today it would be stewed tomato's. http://www.pickyourown.org/canning_tomatoes.htm Click on the link to see the recipe I used. It was alot of peeling and chopping but depending on how much you want it was pretty easy and a nice way to use your time. I was thinking today that not only is caning a way of saving me money on store bought items it is a whole new way of cooking. Just think, if you grow or buy from a farmers market whats in season and make your own sauce or jam or what have you, you are not only saving money but you are saving flavor!! How great it will be to go to my pantry  in the dead of winter and pull out freshly stewed tomato's?? that I made and knew exactly what was in it! I am just amazed at how cool this is, and then to top it off I can make wonderfully delicious recipes with my homemade fresh ingredients..its a whole new way of cooking and thinking. So, enough of my rant enjoy the photos and I hope you find many blessing's today in many shapes and sizes.

Good morning!

Don't forget to compost!




No comments:

Post a Comment